2009 GBBC News Release
JOIN THE GREAT BACKYARD BIRD COUNT
Count for Fun, Count for the Future
- FeederWatchers are people of all skill levels and backgrounds, including children and families.
- FeederWatchers count the highest numbers of each species seen at their feeders over two consecutive days from November through early April. (You can join at any time!)
- FeederWatchers report their bird counts to scientists at the Cornell Lab of Ornithology and Bird Studies Canada, on the web site or on paper data forms.
- New FeederWatchers receive a kit that includes an identification poster, calendar, handbook, and complete instructions. A small annual fee supports the project and pays for materials.
- FeederWatchers learn more about winter birds and contribute to the study and conservation of North American feeder birds.
Project FeederWatch is a joint research and education project of Cornell Lab of Orinthology and Bird Studies Canada.