Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Rosemary Plum Jam

With just a whiff of rosemary, plum jam made from some of the fruit I plucked from the orchard fills these jars. I love the color.

Fresh red and purple plums mixed together.

Then cooked with a few sprigs of rosemary picked fresh from my garden.

Following the recipe for SURE.JELL® Plum Jam found on the Kraft Foods website, I added a few sprigs of rosemary, removing it as soon as the aroma released so its flavor would be subtle, and then I reduced the amount of sugar just a bit so that the jam would not be overly sweet.
~~~
Step-by-Step, making my Rosemary Plum Jam.

~~~
This jam is delicious, sweet but slightly tarte. Perfect even on garlic naan (the only bread I happened to have on hand). Not only is Rosemary Plum Jam great on toast (or garlic naan), it's an excellent accompaniment to grilled chicken or pork, and great with brie or goat cheese on fancy crackers.
Absolutely delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!