Saturday, December 20, 2008

Deep Freeze

With our city streets finally relatively clear after that last winter storm passed through and with even more inches of snow predicted to start falling before day's end, I decided I should venture out at least as far as my neighborhood gym today and get in a good workout in hopes of warding off the possibility of cabin fever once our roads plugged up again.
The parking lot was relatively clear of snow at the grocery store near the gym.There were nearly as many mounds of snow piled up along the edges of the lot as there were cars parked nearer to the entrance of the store.
This deep freeze, not the type of deep freeze in which one might stow away frozen treats, yet it certainly felt about that cold when I stepped outside. This snapshot of our current conditions makes me feel glad tha I am once again safe and warm inside at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!