Saturday, December 12, 2009

Steven's Pass

A popular winter recreation area for those from both the coast and the east side of the North Cascade Mountain Range in Washington State, one of my favorite parts of the Highway 2 drive is Steven's Pass. In this photo, one of the several chair lifts is visible behind the top of this row of ski busses parked at the Steven's Pass Resort.Even though it is early in the season and the roads were clear of ice and snow as I drove, in some places the snow piled along the side of the road was already higher than I am tall. Passing a snow plow on my drive up to the summit, I was reminded of how the Washington State Department of Transportation road crews work hard to keep Highway 2 clear and do their best to control the dangers of avalanche.
I love this view from the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!