- Respond to reports of stranded, distressed or deceased marine mammals.
- Assess the condition of stranded marine mammals and determine how best to help them.
- Prevent human contact and interference with stranded marine mammals to protect both the mammals and the humans.
- In some cases, careful and safe removal of deceased marine mammals.
- Determine why marine mammals died, performing necropsies when necessary.
- Determine if stranded or deceased marine mammals pose a biological threat to humans or other marine life.
- Educate the public about local marine mammals and how best to cohabitate with them.
If you share a love and concern for our local marine mammals, there are many ways you can help as a volunteer. If you would like to find out more about volunteering, please contact me, the Director of Volunteers, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wouldn't it be fun if you stopped by!