Sunday, June 7, 2009

I'm a Winner

Turns out, I am a winner! During the Cordata Community Gardens grand opening street party, my ticket was drawn out of the box of raffle entries, winning me an assortment of hand-crafted note cards. Meanwhile, back at our garden, the borage is growing well and showing their fuzzy buds. Soon we will be freezing their lovely blue, star-shaped flowers into ice cubes and adding them to glasses of lemon aide. Won't that feel absolutely refreshing on a sunny afternoon?
Today marked the first day for harvest of some of those tender salad greens from our garden, and more radishes. With several square-foot sections of the garden planted in a variety of leaf and head lettuces, we should have a steady supply of salad greens from our very own gardens very soon now.
View how the B2 and B3 gardens have grown.
~~~

~~~
After watering my garden spot and then my neighbor's, I took some time to wonder through the entire Cordata Community Gardens to see how things are growing. I noticed that many of the garden beds have lettuce and other vegetables that are ready to be harvested. With some of the gardeners here new to gardening, I do hope they know that they can actually eat the vegetables they are growing.
Check out the other gardens at Cordata.
~~~

~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!