Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Carrots Overstock

How did it happen? I like carrots. Matter of fact, I eat a lot of carrots - by the handfull actually. But I have no explanation as to how I ended up with such an overstock of carrots in my refrigerator. What had I been thinking? So, carrot cake seemed a good solution!
Really Rose Carrot Cake
~~~
2 Eggs
1/2 Cup Oil
1 Cup Flour
3/4 Cup Sugar
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
2 to 3 Cups Grated Carrots
3/4 C Raisins
~~~
Whisk eggs together, add oil and mix well. Mix in sugar, cinnamon and baking soda. Add flour and mix in until blended. Fold in grated carrots and raisins. Brush a small amount of oil onto the bottom of an 8" by 8" baking pan, then spread in the batter. Bake at 350 degrees fahrenheit for 30 to 35 minutes until cake is done.
~~~
Checking out those new silicone whisks for some time now but hesitant to pay the high price of adding one to my basket of kitchen gadgets, recently while at our local TJ Max, I found this super fun green silicone whisk on a clearance shelf - for only $0.49! Mine, mine, it's mine! This carrot cake, my first chance to give it a try. Thumbs up - my new whisk works great, and it really is fun to use!
~~~
This carrot cake is so very moist, I enjoy it without icing, but if you prefer an iced carrot cake, here's a link to a great-sounding cream cheese frosting recipe - the last cream cheese icing recipe you'll ever need. Then, spread on a thick layer of frosting before serving, and worry about the extra calories later.
~~~
Step-by-step, making carrot cake.

~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!